Pensive Frog

A melange of cooking, baking, knitting, craftyness, and TV-aholicism.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Oh no he didn't!

It seems like most of my TV-based posts are about the Amazing Race, but it's so darn amazing, I can't help myself. It was quite amazing, for example, that Bolo could have thought it was a good idea to nosh on some of the raw pork he was making into sausages. Perhaps pro wrestlers are not familiar with trichinellosis? Well, we'll just be on the lookout for eye swelling and itchy skin in the next episode. I was particularly amazed by the close-in shot of Bolo tonguing a stringy, dangly bit of pork off his nose. Gagh! Anyway, the photo below is proof that the Cuzco poncho is done! This one is earmarked for my sister, but I ordered more yarn to make myself one, as well. The neck hole is a little wide, but that's ok. Right now, I've started working on the Coronet hat in a lovely dark teal shade of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran. It's probably the nicest yarn I've ever worked with, softness-wise. The pattern calls for Brown Sheep Worsted, but I gave that a feel and decided it was too scratchy. The cashmerino is purrrrrrfect.