Pensive Frog

A melange of cooking, baking, knitting, craftyness, and TV-aholicism.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

La Donna e Mobile

Last Saturday we went to see the Seattle Opera’s production of Rigoletto. It was quite good – Verdi is one of my favorite composers. The performance had a bit of a bumpy start – the supertitles didn’t kick in for about 15 minutes, and one of the performers had laryngitis, so while he acted out the part, another singer sang the part from off stage. That was a little distracting. For the first time that I can remember, they had costumes from the previous production (Lohengrin) on display in the lobby. It was very cool to see the details of the costumes, and makes me wish I had the time to learn how to sew and make myself an Elsa costume before Halloween. Ah well. In any case, the best part of going to the opera is our post-show tradition – late night happy hour at McMenamins pub.